Find an event for you! All events listed are free to attend!
Browse all events below. Use the Categories selection in the top left to sort by interest, or search by county using the tags.
Featured image credit: Dolphin Blade – by John Holden
Pre-“Bat walk” activity for families with Sallins Tidy Towns @8.30pm
A child-centred event to learn about bats for families who have booked a place on the Bat Walk.
Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is free and open to all.
Location: Sallins Pier
Hosted by Sallins Biodiversity Group with Kildare Bat group
Join Kildare Bat Group at Sallins, for a batty fun-filled evening! This walk will start at 9.30pm and using bat detectors you can listen in on their ultrasonic calls and watch these elusive creatures in flight. You will learn more about Irish bat species and their life cycle as the walk progresses.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and warm outdoor clothing, wear a hi viz vest and bring a torch.
- Children under 18 are very welcome, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No prams or bikes please, as they are not suitable for the terrain.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Events are weather dependent. If there is heavy rain on the night, the walk will be cancelled, but an alternate night will be chosen and those who booked a place for the walk will be notified. Places are limited, so please book early.
Please Note: This event needs to be booked in advance. Please e-mail: email@example.com to reserve your place. Full details will be provided to you, when you book your place.
This event is free and open to all. It is being held as part of Biodiversity Week 2022.