Find an event for you! All events listed are free to attend!
Browse all events below. Use the Categories selection in the top left to sort by interest, or search by county using the tags.
Featured image credit: Dolphin Blade – by John Holden
The Irish Whale and Dolphin Group will be leading several land based whale watching events around the country on Saturday May 21st. Start times and meeting places to be announced.
- Loop Head, Co. Clare, meeting at Lighthouse, leader Mags Daly Ph. 083 8401102,email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dun Na Mbo, Co. Mayo, leader Sean Pierce Ph.086 8368736, email email@example.com
- Rathlin Island, Co. Antrim, meeting at West Lighthouse, leader Pádraig Whooley Ph.086 3850568, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Howth Head, Co. Dublin, meeting @ Balscadden Car Pk, little shop (Howth Hub), leader Dave O’ Connor Ph.087 6665049, email: email@example.com
- Cloghna Head, West Cork, meeting @ Galley head view car park, leader Denis O’ Regan Ph.083 3369775, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy a guided tour of our beautiful sand dune wildflowers at Maharees with wildlife biologist Ciara Dolan.
Using hand lenses and species spotter sheets funded by Kerry County Council, learn to identify our coastal flowers in bloom during May.
Free event but numbers are limited so booking essential. Book by either emailing email@example.com OR by sending a private message to our Facebook page: Maharees Heritage and Conservation
Bookings need to be made by Tuesday 17th May, 5pm.
Location: Béal Geal (Blue Flag Beach car park), Maharres, Maharees, Kerry
Link to event: https://www.kerryheritage.ie/event/maharees-wildflower-walk/
Facilitators include Dolf d’Hondt and Tomás O’Sullivan.
All welcome, family friendly event.
Location: Trafask Beach, Adrigole, Beara, Cork
For further inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Free, family fun Kraken Beach Event with lots of prizes to be won! Join Sea Synergy on the beach to create sand sculptures of the mythical giant Kraken, go on treasure hunts and mini litter picks to celebrate European Maritime Day. All ages of children and adult welcome! Funded by the Marine Institute.
The event is at Inny Strand, but meet by Smugglers Inn Restaurant, Waterville, Murreagh, Co. Kerry
or contact Sea Synergy on: Tel: 087 455 4034 // Email: email@example.com
Awake with the birds and join us on this early morning walk to welcome the sunrise at Brittas Bay, witness bird song, visit the coastal habitats and hear more about conservation efforts underway as part of the Brittas Bay Conservation Project, sponsored by NPWS and Wicklow County Council through the National Biodiversity Action Plan Fund.
Led by Alan Lauder project ecologist. Meet @ 5 am in South Beach Car Park for a gentle walk and talk, duration c. 1.5 hours.
For queries contact Deirdre Burns, Heritage Officer firstname.lastname@example.org